Friday, September 5, 2008

That's Some Pile of Nose and Main Wing Ribs





Want them with or without sauce!! Today I completed the process of deburring, filing all sharp corners and fluting all of the nose ribs and wing ribs. I would not of finished today without the assistance of Alan Gilmore on the VAF Foums. He suggested that I use a small sanding drum to finish the scalloped edge of each of the ribs and it worked very well. A small 3/4" drum in the drill press turning at a low speed (320 rpm) took all of the pain out of removing all of the machine marks from the scalloped surface. Still it took about 15 minutes per rib before I was satisfied with the completed product. Overkill? Well, I am satisfied. The part that I messed up a few days ago arrived from Van's via priority mail. The part cost ($6.00) was equal to the cost of the priority mail postage. Tomarrow? Maybe get the Harley out if it is nice!

Time - 10 hours