Saturday, September 6, 2008

Platenut Question

I had a question regarding one of the next steps so I posted it on the VAF forums. Hope for an answer....

This is the first time I have installed platenuts, so go easy on me. Don't want to make a mistake. The wing kit comes with 12 K1000-08 and 12 K1100-06 platenuts. I assume that the -06 platenut has the smaller screw diameter and the center hole on the -08 platenut has the larger screw diameter?? Yes/no? Looking at the wing kit plans, Page 15-02, Step 9, I am correct assuming that the nose rib is dimpled for the AN426AD3-3.5 rivet using a 3/32" dimple die AND the platenut is dimpled using the same 3/32" dimple die at the rivet hole locations AND the screw hole if NOT dimpled? The center hole is then just drilled to #19. Correct?

Post on the VAF RV-12 forum or e-mail me at marty.santic@gmail.com

UPDATE: Received answers almost immediately via gmail and via the VAF RV-12 forum. My initial guess on installation as described above was correct.