Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baby Steps





Still working on Section 14. Spent a bit more time deburring edges. Learned that I should of removed the plastic film before deburring as it contaminated the edges and I had to redo what I thought was done. A lot more sanding of the edges to ensure they were as smooth as a "baby"s but_." After priming the mating parts, I was ready to start Section 14 assembly. Thought I had a problem with riveting the Hinge Bracket Assembly, thus all was sort of at a stop cause the rivets that I has just squezzed did not pass mustard when I checked them with the rivet gauge. Called the Van's builder support line and discussed the problem, Tom said the rivet call out was correct. Told me to play a happy medium between the height of the rivet and the diameter of the driven rivet as there could be a clearance problem here with the hinge bracket assembly. So I pressed on. Gonna have to read ahead so I do not "all stop" when a question comes up. Riveted the stub spar assembly to the stub spar doubler and then called it quitted for today.

Time - 6 hours