Friday, April 3, 2009

More Wiring









Continued with the wiring. Installed the WH-RV12_Optional harness. Looking the harness near the MAIN DB-25 connector there were two wires, an orange and a white-black that were not connected to the MAIN DB-25 connector and did not have female pins installed. Per a Jim Cone post, I installed female pins on the two wires. Was told that they are for future expansion. As I am considering the autopilot option, I continued. Found that there were two wires already connected to pins 9 & 12 of the MAIN DB-25. A black wire was in pin 12. A white wire was in pin 9. I removed both of the pins, with the tool, as the long wires from the autopilot disconnect switch will be inserted into these pin locations on the MAIN DB-25 on the OPT harness.

Ran the wiring to the left and right wing. Then ran the wiring for the OAT probe.

Running out of some of the parts. Need more of he female connectors! Some are on backorder and some were shorted. Van's is aware of both and should be receiving them soon.

Looking into the future, I do not want to run the trim wires or the static line forward until I install the 7 wire autopilot wire which is on backorder. Such will allow me to crimp all of the difficult connectors on both sides of the 7 wire harness on the bench before I install it. The male and female spade connectors are a bear to squeeze.

Time Today - 4 hours