Friday, April 24, 2009

Backordered Parts



All of the remaining parts arrived from Van's today. I attempted to install the AN4-14A bolt in the elevator pulley. It would not fit. The hole was a couple of mils undersized. Thought about it for a while and then called John Bender. He had the same problem. Because it is in a tight space, a drill would not fit and everything else I could think of would not work. John told me to try a small bit of sandpaper rolled into a small cylindrical shape. Twirlled the sandpaper with my fingers and a minute later the bolt just cleared the hole. Problem solved, thanks John.

Then removed the CAMLOC from the mapbox door. A post on VAF said to use a small pick. IT WORKED. The lockwasher is junk, but have ordered another with the 5W CAMLOC. The picture also shows the small notch I had to cut in the mapbox door to be able to insert the CAMLOC thru the 1/4" hole.

Spent the rest of the day reading about fuel tank assembly.

Time Today - 1 hour