Monday, April 20, 2009

Finished Control System Install - For Now





Really did not work much on the 12 on Sunday. Adam helped me pull the rudder cables and the elevator cables since there was no school.

Today, I completed the control system installation, for now. Attaching the bolts, washers and nuts took a bit of ingenuity. I either need another set of hands or more joints in my wrists to navigate the tight spaces. But got it done with the assistance of Renee. There are many steps yet to perform in Section 32, once I am able to attach the wings and the VS and HS.

Found I was shorted the AN4-14A bolt that passes thru the center of the elevator pulleys. It is shown on the plans but it does not appear on the hardware list! Called Van's and they will be sending it.

Finished the day by priming the step area. Will attach the non-skid pads to the step area on Tuesday and then final paint the step area with the stone finish.

Time Today - 4 hours