Thursday, March 5, 2009

Section 27 and Section 28 Just About Complete








My CARE package from Van's arrived today and I was able to duplicate the fuel system tubing from the fuel valve to the Flo-Scan sensor. This time I did it correctly with the help of Renee. As such, the fuel system is complete. Still have to torque all of the fittings, though. Section 28 is just about history!

As I mentioned I am building the pedals on the bench per Section 27. Drilling of the pedals was completed yesterday. Tubing was next. Inserting the brass insert with hot water was no problem. Had a heck of of time getting the sleeve within 1/8" of the end of the tubing end, so I built a tool. It was simple. Drilled a 17/64" hole near the end of some 1/8"x 1 1/2" flat aluminum stock that I had. Then used the band saw and cut a slot, filed and sanded it. I mounted it in the vise, used the hot water from the immersion heater and was able to pull on the tubing to get the sleeve into position. Was a bit worried about stretching the tubing. Took a diameter measurement, before and after, all was OK. Hope the pictures are self explanatory.

Getting close to attaching the tailcone to the fuselage after completing my punch list.

Time Today - 7 hours