Saturday, January 24, 2009

Started Section 21-Mid Fuselage Ribs & Bottom Skins

Spent the day deburring parts that are required in the first few pages of Section 21. Then contemplated how I was going to rivet the baggage floor to the bulkhead. I think I will rivet the parts using a 2X rivet gun with an offset set and a bucking bar. I just cannot do it and come up with a good result by using the squeezer. Have to enlist an assistant as using the 2X rivet gun will require the use of an offset set, which to me is awkward. A bucker will certainly help me here as I am not an expert riveter. (This is what one of my fellow blogger, JerryG, ended up doing.)

Skipping around a little bit on the first few pages of the section cause I need some experience to help me with the baggage floor riveting.

Deburred all of the ribs, prepared the baggage floors, the baggage bulkhead, and the bearing bracket assembly. Attached the 6 nutplates to the ribs, and fitted the F-1206C rear spar receptacles to fit the ends of the rear spar assemblies of both of the wings. (This gives one an idea on how the wings are going to fit into the fuselage. A plane is in the making). The fit is very good. And then, riveted the bearing bracket assemblies after inserting the COM 3-5 bearing

Time - 5 hours