Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seat Belt Attach Lugs and Seat Ribs




Attached the seat belt attach lugs to the seat ribs. Then dimpled the ribs for the required nutplates and installed the nutplates. It is helpful here to read ahead and first figure out where you have to dimple each of the parts on this page, then, do all of the dimpling. Same with attaching the nutplates, etc. I think I changed the dies in the squeezer about a hundred times (maybe, an exaggeration!!). Wish I had about 4 yokes!! Then installed the pulley bracket assembly and the flaperon mixer arm between the ribs. Ensure you use the 120 degree countersink on F-1252. No errors today. For now I have learned to read, re-read and then re-read again.

There is also an error in Step 3, Page 21-05. I believe the correct references should be to Page 21-07 and Page 21-08. And I submitted an improvement to Figures 3 & 4. Both of the ribs used here should have the annotation ("with nutplates attached on this flange"). Took me a bit to ensure that I was using the correct ribs.

Time - 5 hours