Friday, March 13, 2009

A Good Day

Larry Geiger flew his RV-10 from Lincoln, NB to pickup John Bender, in Jesup, IA. Then they flew to Davenport, IA, we went out to lunch, and took a look at my project. It takes me 2 hours to drive to John's place. They used the RV-10 and were here in 30 minutes. And there are some that cannot figure out the advantage of private aviation. WOW!!

Gonna have to fly the RV-10!! Sounds like a bunch of fun.

Today, I clear coated the baggage area and masked the seat area. I HATE MASKING. Will paint it on Saturday. Just about done with this interior paint. Maybe 1-3 or more days. Will not paint the step area because non-skid pads will go there and I do not know the size. The non-skid pads will most likely NOT stick to the stone finish.

Both John and Larry commented. LEAVE the turtle deck skins OFF as long as possible. I painted them on the bench and will leave them off. The access to the tailcone and the baggage compartment for running all of the cables for the control surfaces is so much better.

GOOD NEWS --- MY finishing kit is to be here next Tuesday per FedEx. I will be VERY close to being complete with the fuselage. Can't wait to open it and get started.

Time Today - 5 hours