Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Airworthiness Certificate Received for N128MS

My DAR, Russ Carbiener out of Orion, IL was at the Davenport Airport as promised at 9AM. Russ, was accompanied by two other gentlemen from the FAA Chicago FSDO office. They wanted to observe as this was the first RV-12 for them and one of the first S-LSA/E-LSA inspections for all of them.

After completing the inspection and completing all of the paperwork, I was awarded the airworthiness certificate for the RV-12. I have a Phase I test period with a range of 40 nautical miles excluding the Class C airspace surrounding Quad Cities International with a required 5 hour Phase I test period.

Received compliments on the quality of the construction and the overall quality of the RV-12 kit as supplied by Van's. I think they were impressed with the RV-12.

N128MS IS NOW A REAL AIRPLANE.

Has been a VERY GOOD DAY. My biggest thanks go to Renee and Adam who assisted thru the past 14 months!!!!!

Time to start reassembly.